To log into your VPS from a Windows machine:
- You will need a program that supports SSH protocol such as PuTTY or XShell. Download and install your chosen application.
- Open program.
- Enter either your server name or IP address in the Host Name field.
- Select SSH as the protocol. (The default SSH port is 22.)
- Click Open.
- A terminal window opens with a login prompt. Enter “root” for the username.
- When prompted, enter your server’s root password. (You set this password when you ordered your server. If you do not have this in your records, fill out a support ticket to request your password be reset or given to you.)
You are in your server now.